Do you have experience working with children?
Are you looking to help children with additional needs with their learning?
Are you searching to work in a nurturing environment?
Get in contact today to see if we can help you!
At Pertemps we are working with a primary school in Basildon who are in need of a Teaching Assistant to support the day to day needs of a class along with part time 121 work with a child with SEND. The right candidate will need to be a kind and patient person, with some referenceable experience working with children or young adults.
As a Teaching Assistant with Pertemps you could expect to assist a teacher with day to day lessons based in the classroom or you could work in small groups or on a 121 basis with children who are in need of additional support. TA roles may also include working on a 121 basis with children with SEND.
As the successful Teaching Assistant, you will need experience working with children, this could be:
- Volunteer reading with children in schools (lots of parents/carers do this)
- Sports, Swim or Dance coaches
- Club leaders such as Brownies or Scouts Etc.
- PRU or Youth Detention Centre Workers, Social workers, Foster Carers or Family support Officers
- Healthcare with links to SEND
- Army Or Police Cadet Trainers
- Summer/activity camps or Church education
If you believe yourself to have other transferable skills please do not hesitate to get in touch. About Pertemps:
From our office in Chelmsford, we’re delighted to play a central role in education in Education of England. If you ask our consultants why they do what they do, it’s clear they take this business personally. Living alongside and working with their client schools and the education professionals on their books means they are very much part of that community. Perks Of Working With Pertemps:
- Your very own consultant
- A variety of daily, short and long-term positions including Perm and Temp-Perm options
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 referral bonus for any successful long term placement
Pertemps Education have been retained to undertake the full search and selection. You must demonstrate the following success criteria:
- Teaching Assistant or 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (LSA) with experience with SEMH, ADHD, ADD, ASC and challenging behaviour
- Ability to build relationships and trust with young people
- Very resilient and not take things personally
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now” and upload your CV. Pertemps Education will be in touch within 48 hours to discuss your application if you have met the success criteria. If this role is not the perfect fit for you still get in touch with Megan Prendergast as we have a number of opportunities currently available we can discuss.