Pertemps Education is looking for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to work in a variety of secondary schools in and around South East London.
About this opportunity:
- You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4 and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed, in line with the school policy.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you will take on the responsibility of the full-time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Variety of secondary schools in South East London.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- Potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18).
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part-time available.
- Perfect for graduates looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task.
- You will be managing behaviour in line with school policies.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Location - South East London
- Position - Cover Supervisor
- Type of work - Flexible
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full or part-time, flexible
- The minimum rate of pay - £90 per day
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor position through Pertemps Education you must:
- Previous experience working with children or young people is desirable but not essential
- Ideally, hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with young people
- You will be proactive and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn a £250 referral fee