Are you a recent Graduate in DT or Food Tech? Are you an experienced Technician looking for the next move? We may have the ideal next step for you.
Pertemps are leading an exciting opportunity to work within a progressive Design and Technology department in an excellent school within the Sudbury area of Suffolk. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and organised candidate on a full time basis, to start as soon as possible or in January 2022.
The post is full time (part time applicants considered), and will require you to be able to enjoy working around pupils pupils whilst contributing towards to day to day organisation of the Design & Technology department. The job will entail preparing ingredients and resources for lessons, keeping the food class room and equipment in a hygienic and serviceable condition, assist with ordering stock and ingredients and supporting teachers in food practical lessons.
Working Monday to Friday from 08:00 until 15:00 each day, the successful candidate will undertake a variety of manual tasks based around ordering and preparing resources to support teaching staff and students in the delivery of Food, Graphics and Textile lessons. This will include display work, cleaning of tools/materials and preparation of materials and resources. Full training in the safe use of all relevant equipment, will be provided. First aid at work training will also be provided.
Pertemps ideal candidate will have:
• Completed their Level 2 Food Hygiene and Catering qualification or willing to undertake the qualification.
• Knowledge of cooking equipment (including handling foods safely).
• Be flexible, resilient and work well in a team environment.
DBS Enhanced Certificate (or open to processing one with Pertemps)
The school offers:
• A vibrant and exciting place to work
• An excellent CPD programme, with opportunities for action research and gaining nationally accredited qualifications
• The support of a Trust that currently runs a number of Secondary Schools based in Suffolk
If you are interested in the position, please Apply and awaiting imminent contact from our Specialist Consultant Branden. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a 24 hour period. Thank you :)