Are you either an experienced member of a supporting team within a SEN environment, or an indiviudal who is very passionate about making a difference to lives of young learners (10-17) with social & emotional learning difficulties?
Pertemps Education, partnered with a selection of Ofsted Outstanding SEN Schools in North East Suffolk (near Halesworth), are looking to take on two individuals that can be commmited to the role on a full time basis, monday to friday, 8:30am to 4pm.
The school in question is beautifully located, away from the urban busyness of major cities, and surrounded by acres of rural land and greenary. This location represents the schools ethos well; providing a calm,warm and trustworthy environment for all manner of pupils that come from a range of background, and display a series of social & emotinal learning difficulties. The school boasts excellent facilities that are used either as a recreational activity, or learning resource. This would include: Indoor & outdoor swimming pools, fully operational gymnasium, pool tables, sports pitches and outdoor adventure trails.
This Independant SEN School is also a residential provisions for certain pupils who do not have the comfort of their own familiy dynamic. This leads to a very 'family' oriented approach to learning, providing nurture and positive well being to the children who are absent from care within their own family dynamics. You would either be working on a 1:1 or group basis with pupils from either a KS2,KS3 or KS4 age group.
Most important of all, the school is looking for someone who is happy to make a difference, understand that some days can be very difficult, and be prepared to adapt themselves to meet the education & social needs of the school pupils, for their long term benefit.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Be available immediately or within 4 weeks notice.
- Have a relevant degree background (Pyschology, Criminology, Youth Studies, SEN & Childhood Studies)
- Own a DBS (Update & Enhanced) or ready to process one with Pertemps Education
- Residential or Social Care experience desirable
- Be confident or prepared at dealing with a range of Behavioural Needs (SEMH, ASC Autism, ADHD)
- Feel ready to be part of a commited and caring team of wonderful people
- Be available over September to visit the school directly
- Available Monday to Friday (open to part timers)
- Have access to a motor vehicle and travel to Halesworth
The role itself starts temporarily and on an ongoing basis (full time). After a set number of weeks (typically 20) the school will then decide whether to keep you on an ongoing basis with Pertemps, or take you on as an official part of the school headcount, and onto a Permanent Salary. The outcome is completely up to how much you enjoy the role and excel within it.
If you'd like to know more about the position, or what the next steps would look like, please contact Senior SEN Consultant Branden at Pertemps Education. Thank you!