Are you experienced at dealing with a range of social & emotional needs in a school setting? Are you looking to join a team that utilises therapeutic intervention as a key function of its access to education? Do you want your skills to be utilised on a daily basis rather than constantly dealing with behavioural needs?
Pertemps are parterned with a very unique and interesting SEN independant school based just north of Stowmarket. This school boasts acres of accessible land, as well as new state of the art resources and a warm, well structured, Teaching, Support, and Senior Team. This school captures the essence of what Special Education has the potential to be - any bad day can be overcome with the right attitude and a trustworthy level of communication with your colleagues and pupils alike.
The school specialises at engaging with pupils who struggle with Social & Emotional learning difficulties (SEMH), and understand that every pupil needs to be treated as an individual. Many pupils also have severe Autism, so those with experience in ASC would be highly regarded.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a passionate interest in providing value for children (11-18) who are in need of nurturing and guidance.
- Has recently graduated with a relevent degree (Psychology, SEN Studies, Childhood Studies, Criminology & Youth Offending)
- Has prior experience in SEN environments, and enjoys utilises behavioural techniques and interventional tools on a daily basis
- Is patient, empathetic, and enjoys being part of a team.
- Has a DBS (Enhanced & Update Service)
- Is ready to start ASAP following a completed Compliance Check with Pertemps Education
- Is available this week or next to visit the school and register with Pertemps Education
If you are a Teaching Assistant, Youth Coach, 1:1 Specialist Instructor, Mentor, or Learning Support Assistant, we want to hear from you as soon as possible. This role will undergo a Temp to Perm contract, whereby you would be with Pertemps for a set number of weeks, followed by a movement to school headcount & annual salary. To learn more, please call Senior SEN Consultant Branden at Pertemps Education.