Are you either a recent Graduate looking to pursuit a career in Special Education, or an experienced individual within SEN Specialist Support? Pertemps Education are looking to employ two eager individuals, who are ready for a September 2021 start.
Working in partnership with an excellent & unique SEN Independant School based just out of Stowmarket, we are searching for individuals who are excited & intrigued about the opportunity to work with young learners (11-16) of mixed learning abilities & who hold a range of Social Emotional & Mental Health difficulties.
Children with SEMH needs often have problems with managing both their emotions and behaviour - this can manifest itself physically & verbally with inappropriate responses to their emotions. These types of pupils can feel anxious, scared and misunderstood. We would consider this to be a great opportunity to instal confidence, influence brighter outlooks, harner potential and be part of a little positive change on a weekly basis.
The provision in question is beautifully set, and with access to acres of free roaming space that can can be used as both a tool for education, and resource for thereputic intervention. The provisons inspiring ethos focuses on a truly individualised and therepuetic access to education for their learners of mixed abilities. Benefitting from a relatively small student population, and a wide selection of committed Support & Teaching staff, the school feels like a well structured, organised, and team driven place of work. Like any provision that delivers education to those with expressions of challenging behaviour, trauma, anxiety, or learning difficulty, there is always a challenge around every corner, and anything can change at the last second! You will be part of a strong team that recognises this, and actively practices working and communicating together to reach the most effective results for their pupils.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Relevant University Degree or Volunteer Experience
- Experienced Learning Support Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Behaviour Mentors, or Mentors.
- Confidence to think on the spot when dealing with challenging behaviours of different Secondary age groups.
- Training or experience of Behavioural Strategies; methods of Intervention in a SEN learning environement.
- DBS Certificate (Advanced & on UpdateSystem) / Prepared to process a certificate with Pertemps Education
- Available to visit the school before Thursday 2nd September
- Ideally Driver with full licence (school is not close to main transport routes)
- Range of Learning Disabilities in this school would include; Autism (ASC), ADHD, SEMH, Challenging Behaviour, Trauma & Respite, Severe Complex Needs (SLD), Dyslexia, Global Delay.
The role will come with a premium rate of pay, above the typical daily rate for classroom support. We would like to have you register with us immediately to begin our Compliance Check process, so that you can start as soon as possible. The ideal start date is Thursday 2nd September 2021. As indicated, the role is initially Temporary in nature, to last for a minimum until October Half Term. However, you will also be under observation by the school over this period to then be kept on as a Permanent or Long Term (Agency) member of staff. If successfull, Permanent Salary will commence in January of 2022 or March of 2022.
Please Apply, or pass this onto an indiviudal who you think may be a good fit for this type of role! Our Senior Consultant Branden will be pleased to hear from you and will attempt to make initial contact within a 24hr period. Thank you and take care.