Are you either a recent Graduate looking to pursuit a career in Special Education, or an experienced individual within SEN Specialist Support? Pertemps Education are looking to employ two eager individual who are ready for a September 2021 start.
Working in partnership with an excellent & unique sen Independant School based just out of Stowmarket, we are searching to take on a selection of candidates who are excited about the opportunity to work with young leaners (11-16) who hold a range of Social Emotional & Mental Health difficulties.
The provision in question is beautifully set, with access to acres of free roaming space that can can be used as both a tool for education, and resource for thereputic intervention. The provisons unique and inspiring outlook focuses on a truly individualised and therepuetic access to education for their learners of mixed abilities. Benefitting from a relatively small student population, and a wide selection of committed Support & Teaching staff, the school feels like a well structured, organised, and team driven place of work. Like any provision that provides education to those with expressions of challenging behaviour, trauma, anxiety, or learning difficulty, there is always a challenge around every corner. You will be part of a strong team that recognises this, and actively practice working and communication together to reach the most effective results for their pupils.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Relevant University Degree or Volunteer Experience
- Experienced Learning Support Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Behaviour Mentors, or Mentors.
- Confidence to think on the spot on when dealing with challenging behaviours
- Training or experience of Behavioural Strategies, methods of Thereputic Intervention in a SEN learning environement
- DBS Certificate (Advanced & on UpdateSystem) / Prepared to process a certificate with Pertemps Education
- Available to visit the school before Thursday 2nd September
- Ideally Driver with full licence (school is not close to main transport routes)
- Range of Learning Disabilities & Difficuties would include; Autism (ASC), ADHD, SEMH, Challenging Behaviour, Trauma & Respite, Severe Complex Needs (SLD), Dyslexia, Global Delay.
The role will come with a premium rate of pay, above the typical rate for classroom support. We would like to have you register with us immediately to begin our Compliance Check process, so that you can start as soon as possible. The ideal start date is Thursday 2nd September 2021. As indicated, the role is initially Temporary in nature, to last for a minimum until October Half Term. However, you will also be under observation by the school over this period to then be kept on as a Permanent or Long Term member of staff. If successfull, Permanent Salary will commence in January of 2022.
Please Apply, or pass this onto an indiviudal who you think may be a good fit for this type of role! Our Senior Consultant Branden will be pleased to hear from you and will attempt to make initial contact within a 24hr period. Thank you and take care.