We are honoured to be working in partnership with a number of Pupil Referral Units (PRU) in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to manage with very challenging and extreme behaviour.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant you will work with a range of ages across all Key Stages and your duties will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
- gaining the trust of the young people in your class & building rapport
- working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health) needs
- managing extremely challenging behaviour which can include aggression & violence
- adapting support according to needs of the young person
- looking after children’s physical, social and emotional welfare
- creating a stimulating and engaging environment
- keeping records and attending review meetings
The primary activity of these schools is the provision of specialist education services to young people with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs and highly focused education services for pupils with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
They work with the most disaffected, challenging pupils across the region. Pupils have often been excluded from numerous schools and have been out of full-time education before they arrive at these schools.
To learn more about this type of position, please reach out to Branden at Pertemps on 01245950672. We are currently recruiting for a range of roles in the Bury area, so we want to hear about what it is you’d like to do – to potentially match you with the most relevant position.