Considering a Career in Teaching after you Graduate?
If you are considering a career in teaching, a cover supervisor position could be the ideal way to gain valuable classroom experience. It could help you decide if education is right for you before committing to a postgraduate qualification. Many of the schools we work with offer teacher training and this would be an ideal way to boost your application!
What is on Offer?
Applicants will need to demonstrate the same level of professionalism and dedication as teaching staff in order to succeed in this role with duties that include:
- Supervising classes and supporting pupils.
- Delivering cover work set by the class teacher.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil's progress against lesson plans and the conduct of the lesson.
The pay will vary from £65-£75 per day depending on experience. What You Need to Register as a Cover Supervisor?
- Have relevant experience working with children and be able to provide a reference from this work in the last 5 years
- Flexible approach and attitude as well as resilience is really important
- A DBS processed through Pertemps Education or a DBS on the Update Service
If you are looking for flexible work to fit around your studies, live local to Southend or the surrounding areas and want to discuss your options further with a member of our specialist recruitment team, please do not delay and click “Apply Here”.