Pertemps Education are currently working with an Outstanding Primary School in Thurrock who are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work within their designated SEN unit. The successful candidate will be required to work on a 1:1 basis with pupils displaying challenging behaviour due to having experienced alcohol, drug and physical abuse. In partnership with the School, parents/carers and the Council, you will aim to provide the pupil the standard of education they require.
Starting after Easter, the role will initially run up until July, with the possibility of becoming permanent if both the candidate and school are happy. The hours of the role are Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 4pm.
The school are part of a larger multi-academy trust and are also a National Teaching School. The school offers strong progression opportunities and great internal courses for development. With good results, the school aims to foster the children’s love of learning with their bespoke curriculum.
You successful in your application for this role, you must be:
- Resilient and engaging with the ability to build a good rapport with the pupil
- Able to understand the needs of children with challenging behaviour
- Have the drive and ambition to see every child succeed
The school in return can offer:
- Second-to-none on the job training with a long-standing senior leader in the inclusion team
- Career progression, with opportunities to undertake teaching training (for this route you must be degree qualified)
- A permanent offer if you’re outstanding in the role.
All candidates will be subject to reference and DBS checks before appointment.