Are you an experienced SEN Support Worker or Mentor with a background or interest in Behaviour? Have you worked with a range of SEN learning needs and looking for a full time position immediately?
Pertemps are proud to be working in partnership with one of our Alternate Provisions based in the heart of suffolk. They academy school specialises in the provision and access of eduction to pupils with a range of complex & social emotional needs (SEMH) between Year 7 and Year 11. We are looking to take on two individuals that display confidence at dealing with a range of challenging behaviour (SEMH), medical, or social need to pupils in KS2, KS3 or KS4.
This is a full time position that will last until the end of the academic year, and lead to a Permanent position at the school from September 2021. The school is surrounded by open air and fields, with a strong outdoor resource base that is utlised from both a Forrest School, and outdoor learning perspective. This role focuses on developing and nurturing a 1:1 relationship between yourself and selected SEN pupils in the provision, so those with a background in 1:1 or Social Care support are more than welcomed.
The ideal candidate would have:
- NVQ Qualification (non essential)
- Recent experience within SEN education, preferably amongst older age groups from KS2 to KS5
- Experience amongst a range of SEN learning disabilities, including Autism, Dyslexia, Global Delay, Anger Management, Trauma & Respite
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
- References available to cover the last 2 years of employment
- Availability to start ASAP, prior to the May Half Term
- Achievement or Accreditation within Behaviour, such as Restraint or De Escalation training
- A mindful disposition, wanting to make a difference to volatile pupils in need of Social & Emotional support
If this role interests you, at a specialist level or mentor, please get in touch with us ASAP to be shortlisted for the position. Trial days will be conducted at the school over the next two week period, so please reach out to us with your completed application ASAP.
Please call Branden at Pertemps on 01245950672.